Mogrt is short for Motion Graphics Template and is a single animation exported from Adobe After Effects. For easy, seamless editing, open the .mogrt file template in Premiere Pro via the Essential Graphics Panel.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to use motion graphics templates in Adobe Premiere Pro and edit them in just a few clicks. The process is identical on both Windows and macOS.
How to add templates to Premiere Pro
Before you begin, you’ll need:
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Installed)
- A project with at least one sequence
- Your mogrt file
How to Import the motion graphics
- Open your project in Premiere Pro
- Click Graphics at the top
- Find the Essential Graphics panel on the right side of the screen. If it’s not open already, go to Window > Essential Graphics
- In the right-bottom corner of the panel click on the little template icon “Install Motion Graphics Template”
- Browse to the location of your mogrt file and select it, then click Open
- The motion graphics file may now be found in the Essential Graphics panel under Browse